Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Kawaii Zines

I’m in the midst of assembling 11 handmade books/zines about – and constructed from – cute Asian stationery. A lot of the stationery items included are rare and hard to find in the U.S. I created this zine last year for a swap and had enough to make extras, but I never got around to it until now. As soon as they’re finished, I’ll be adding them to my Etsy shop. And even though I made them for a zine swap, they're more like a handmade book.

Here are the 11 kawaii zines:



Five have covers constructed from Nyan Nyan Nyanko gift bags:


And six have covers constructed from Rilakkuma gift bags:


Here’s a preview of inside one of the zines:


These are only a few of the stickers that are going into these zines, one way or another:




I’m currently embellishing the pages with stickers. Then I’ll be stuffing stickers and mini memo sheets into the envelopes that are bound into each zine, stuffing more goodies into the back covers (they were originally gift bags after all), and lastly decorate the front covers. Phew. I better get busy.

2 comments:

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

OOH! This is one of my favorite of all time Christi Creations!!!
I will be getting one of these!
(For my little sister to enjoy of course!)
How have you been?
I am finally back on track with the B&W swap.
Wrapping your parcel up soon.
I read on an earlier post or your profile two weeks ago that you hate glitter.
Why is it that I learned that AFTER I made you a bunch of glittered charms!???
Did you always hate gitter?
WHY do you hate glitter???
I LOVE glitter... Within reason of course!
Amber

Christi said...

Well, it's loose glitter that I really hate. (I updated my profile to clarify.) As long as the glitter is sealed so that it won't get all over my hands (and then rubbed into my eyes), then it's all good. Amber, I have several of your glittery polymer clay pendants and I love those! :)