Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fabulous FAT Books

I'm working on a FAT book (a.k.a. chunky book) page for a ZNE Convenzione keepsake book. I love these. I participated in my first FAT book swap when I went to Artfest 2005. They make the best souvenirs. Here's a picture of that first FAT book:


When I returned to Artfest in 2006, I participated in two separate FAT books. The first one is also working with paper pages:


And then I heard about a fabric FAT book. I had to sign up, even though that meant over 15 original double sided fabric "pages."


I've been looking at these keepsake books a lot lately to consider the elements I like the best about some of the pages and incorporate that into mine. For instance, embellishing the right edge of the page obviously has a big impact to how each book looks - I love all the fibers, beads, tags, sunflowers, etc., spilling out of the books.

The FAT book for Convenzione is working with paper, so I was able to create a single original, scan it, print 30 copies, and now I'm embellishing each copy. Here are some of my pages:


And as you can see, the right edges are prepped for embellishments. I'll post another photo when I've finished them all. Here are some tags that will be added as well (coming out of the top of the page):


Once I started thinking up ways to add bulk and fun to my pages, I just couldn't stop. Wait until you see the photo of all 30 pages together. I only have 12 that are completed so far and they already make a huge impact. 30 are going to be insane.

No comments: